We will be adapting NetLogo as a suggested simulation environment. NetLogo is a dialect of the classic LOGO programming language1 and includes it's own user interface elements and facilities for agent-based modeling.
NetLogo is a multi-agent programmable modeling environment. It is used by tens of thousands of students, teachers and researchers worldwide.
- NetLogo documentation
- Learning NetLogo: great set of short tutorials on important concepts
- NetLogo Dictionary: list of available commands in the language
- NetLogo Programming: An Introduction (includes information on the basics of the language, etc)
- Modeling Commons: community shared models & examples
- NetLogo tutorials on YouTube