We will be adapting NetLogo as a suggested simulation environment. NetLogo is a dialect of the classic LOGO programming language1 and includes it's own user interface elements and facilities for agent-based modeling.
NetLogo is a multi-agent programmable modeling environment. It is used by tens of thousands of students, teachers and researchers worldwide.
Grass example from class (right click and Save As)
Dowmhill example (ski simulation with patch colors based on position, random turtle spawning, and turtle patch collision detection)
- NetLogo documentation
- Learning NetLogo: great set of short tutorials on important concepts
- NetLogo Dictionary: list of available commands in the language
- NetLogo Programming: An Introduction (includes information on the basics of the language, etc)
- Modeling Commons: community shared models & examples
- NetLogo tutorials on YouTube